Clarification Lesson 1
Clarifier theory and design - how and why clarifiers do what they do. Discusses clarifier physics and common design parameters. CE Value = 2.0 hours after completion of all three Clarification lessons.
Estimated Length: 45 minute(s)
1. Clarification Lesson 1
Upon successful completion of this lesson, the learner will be able to
- Describe the process whereby a clarifier removes suspended solids
- List and describe the parameters that define clarifier performance
- Calculate design parameters such as detention time, surface loading rate and weir overflow rate.
- List and describe the causes of hydraulic short circuiting
- Calculate clarifier solids removal efficiency